Tuesday

This morning, I attended the discussion with the Chief Creative from eBay. She really opened my eyes on what it’s like working on the client-side creative team. eBay’s brand is centered around creating an open market for all people in the world. Questions that raised my attention were how this brand manages to maintain diversity in different cultures. If diversity is one of their best attributes, how does it look in each marketplace? Another brand purpose  she discussed was giving data some humanity. Through an entirely digital platform, tons of big data is being collected from its users. How do they maintain the humanity in those numbers and use it effectively?

My next event focuses on developing authenticity in the age of resistance. Richard Edelman hosted a talk called Fame or Fail starring Grey’s Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo. Consumers are now asking for more from brands in terms of what good are they doing for this world? Are they taking on social activism stances? Just like social influencers on Twitter and Instagram, brands need to produce their own content to develop authenticity. For instance, they mentioned Dove’s campaign to change the traditional standard of beauty for women into a more diverse and inclusive image. Because women have been supporting the brand for years, Dove is giving back and celebrating women. When brands tell stories that inspire and promote social causes, they make a lasting impact and create a reaction from their users. This is something I’ll be taking back home with me as I continue to my work in the Advertising industry.

I attended Youtube’s presentation on What Matter’s Next. This presentation focused on brand building on a digital platform and engaging audiences. L’Oreal has been transforming into a digital beauty market by engaging with influencer marketing. YouTube activates this by giving L’Oreal a platform for empowering the voice of millions of consumers. By using this channel,  they are able to develop a digital community from all over the world. I find this platform fitting for the L’Oreal brand because they are one of the leading makeup brands who focus on self expression. So by working with YouTube creators, they are able to involve their consumers in the development of the creative process. I do wish however that the would talk more about YouTube’s current issue with their advertisements and how they are transforming the website into a split between the Free and the Premium accounts.

Lastly, I attended Inside the Jury for Lions Pharma. This panel of judges gave me insight on how the production process should look like for an award winning advertisement. My favorite was the heart attack advertisement. The execution was amazing, each shot was carefully thought of and the concept was solid. Some of the ads they showed had excellent industry craft. Since my award ceremony is industry craft, watching these ads made me eager to see what awards would win in that category.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Commercial Critique

Commercial Critique

Wednesday